Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Certification Project


We worked on a wooden frame, I decided to cover the entire surface with red pepper color wash, I then placed a "swirly" stencil I made with cardstock right on top of the wash and applied a coat of distress crackle paint in spiced marmalade...it was an uneven coat and my idea was just to cover some of the areas but definitely define the shape of the stencil.

The distress crackle paint dries fast...if one applies it thin, one gets tiny little cracks, and if instead we go for a thicker coat, big cracks will surface !....oh I just love it!

I then painted some mosaic like pieces of chip board using ink dabbers, I used butterscotch, black and red pepper...I stamped in some of them with a text stamp and using acrylic paint from the dabbers to make it look real opaque, in some other mosaics I traced a little piece of the stencil I had cut out myself...ended up looking like some kind of animal print!...and I liked it!

I decided to cover some of the designs on my frame, with a layer of glossy accents, and outline a little bit of the swirl stencil with dimensional pearls.

I was very satisfied with my results...by the way!....the actual project doesn't have a photo in the center, it has a mirror!, but Robin emailed me this photo and I thought it was too cute not to share.